Peter Cozens BSc PhD – Non-Executive Chairman
- Dr Peter Cozens is currently MD of ProPharma Partners Ltd. and has more than 30 years experience in licensing.
- He is a scientifically-qualified, commercial development professional with broad international experience in both biotech and pharma.
- Experienced in all facets of identifying, negotiating and managing third party agreements in all major territories for strategic business expansion.
- Expertise in Patents and Trademarks, including overseeing multinational patent litigation many of which have given rise to seminal cases.
- PhD in Molecular Genetics, worked at Ciba-Geigy (now Novartis), Wellcome Biotechnology and Medeva – Peter piloted the Biogen v. Medeva patent case through several courts culminating in the landmark UK House of Lords decision on the scope of patent claims.
- He is a member and former Chairman of the Intellectual Property Advisory Committee of the UK BioIndustry Association and a Non-Executive Director of Stabilitech Ltd..
Ian Wilding BPharm PhD – VP – Development
- Dr Ian Wilding steered Pharmaceutical Profiles to its current status as a world renowned specialist in early phase drug development. The company underwent a successful MBO in January 2005 for Â£10million.
- Pharmaceutical Profiles now carries out projects for most of the world’s major pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations.
- He is responsible for several innovative technologies, such as the Enterionâ”¢ drug delivery capsule, and Pharmaceutical Profiles’ sophisticated medical imaging.
- In 1997 Dr Wilding served as an expert scientist for the FDA in the area of Food Effects on Drug Bioavailability and in 2005 he received the prestigious CRS “Career Achievement Award in Oral Drug Delivery”.
Russ Pendleton BSc MBA – VP – Commercial
- In 2002, Russ Pendleton created Rune Healthcare and generated a reformulation concept for an antidepressant. In 2004 this product opportunity was successfully out-licensed.
- Up to 2000, Russ spent 14 years working in Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing (AstraZeneca, Abbott, Aventis…) being closely involved in the launch of three psychiatric pharmaceutical agents worldwide.
- He launched Cortex Congress in 2000 and has created from nothing the world’s largest annual International Bipolar Disorders conference (IRBD). Global Addiction was added in 2005. In 2008 Cortex acquired the Winter Workshop in Psychoses. In 2010 Cortex has launched a new World conference in NeuroTechnology.
- Cortex Congress specialises in Neuroscience conferences and typically runs 4-8 conferences each year including a variety of product launches, one-off events, advisory panel meetings, market reviews…etc
- Russ is a member of the Institute of Directors and also consults for a variety of pharmaceutical companies on product launch strategy.